Thursday, November 30, 2006

2 - months

It has been 2 months since my mother went home. Things are getting back to "normal". A friend asked me how am I doing since mum has gone? I don't really know, sometimes I still think I can go back and visit her in Adelaide. I did not try hard not to think about she has gone, nor that I've tried to think of her too much.

As Christmas approaching, the memories of mum come back. I remember everyone will try to be where mum was whether be in Melbourne or Adelaide. Where everyone would just enjoy mum's cooking and each other's company. Since she had the stroke, she was bound to her bed, we made every effect to go back to Adelaide to celebrate Christmas with her. There are times when we took turn to see her at different weeks, so that she did not get overwhelmed by all of us at one time, and next week no one was there for her.

This Christmas is going to be different without mum, something for the family to get used to.

You nourish our hearts in our yearning,
You dignify our souls in our struggles

You harmonise our grief and gladness

You make melody from fragments of chaos

You align our spirit with creation

You reveal to us the grace of God

You calm us and delight us and set us free to love and forgive

Our lives are richer because of who you are

No comments: