Saturday, July 22, 2006

What now?

My mobile phone rang just before lunch on Friday. It was Wendy, my sister. Steven just had a stroke and now in the hospital, she told me. I tried to get more information from her, but she's got none that what she already told me.

Steven is my half brother from my father's other wife. He is 52 and has a son. He failed to show up in an appointment with family friend. My sister C called him at his house, there was no one answering the phone. If Steven is not in, the answering machine normally takes the message. C realised something was not quite right and decided to drive to his house. Steven's car was parked at the drive way, the letter box was not empty. She knocked on the door, there was no one answering the door. She quickly called my other brother Kok to come in; they broke in to the house and found him on the floor. Ambulance was called and Steven was admitted to the hospital.
Steven's stroke sent a shock wave to all the siblings. We are carrying the same gene from my father, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Another thought was that all these incidents that happened, I could just give up going to UK to do the mission work. I try not to over spiritualised these incidents that happened for the past few weeks. But I do sense the enemy is waving his fist in front of me. Whether my mum's declining of health and my brother Steven's stroke were the works of the enemy, I cannot tell. But I can feel the devil is whispering lies to my ears using these incidents.
One thing I am sure of is that God is still in control.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Psalms 23: 5
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 5: 28

No comments: