Monday, July 24, 2006

Lake House:- Hollywood version of IL MARE

The trailer of Lake House came out when I was watching another movie. It did not take a very long time for me to recognise that this movie is a Hollywood remake of a Korean movie - IL Mare. I've got this movie after reading some reviews about it. At that time I was into Korean films. It's a Korean film with an Italian feel, said one of the film critics.
It tells a story of how 2 people living 2 years apart connected by exchanging letters through a mail box. One thing is that the DVD version I've got suffers from bad English translation. Having said that, I could still follow the development of the story.
Question I want to ask is Hollywood running of scripts to make movies that they have to look to other countries for inspiration?

No comments: