Friday, March 30, 2007

Dead or Alive?

I was reading a book, Bono on Bono, on the interviews of Bono, for those who are in the know, don't have to explain who he is. For those who are in the NO, as in I don't know he is the lead singer of a Irish rock band U2 also the spoken person for DATA, (Debt, Aids, Trade Africa).

He said something very profound.
"Some people die at seveteen and put their funeral off until they're seventy-seven. And I see a lot of dead young people, I see a lot of alive old people." [pg 252]

I agree with him. I've seen quite a lot as well. I have to examine myself whether I am dead or alive many times.

Jesus says, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." [John 10:10b KJV]

A lot of the time, when I examine my life, I am very much preparing for my own funeral. I also seen a lot of Christians missed out on this abundant live that Jesus is offering.

Those who are tasted that living water have demonstrated living abundantly not in the materialistic sense but in a spiritual sense.

No comments: