Thursday, September 28, 2006

In Carlisle


After more than 28.5 hours of traveling, I finally arrived at Carlisle. I did not get my luggage, I've missed the train and there's nobody to pick me up at the train station. Jet lagged and tired, I managed to called the personnel manager, Torlief, apparently I've got the time mixed up and gave him the wrong information. But that's okay. He's willing to put me up for one night before I get to stay with the my host family for a couple of weeks. The place whom Torlief stays is beautiful, it looks like a castle. This place was made available by the Cathedral in Carlisle to OMers. Torlief's family wife and 2 teen-age kids stay in this very unique house.
The house is walking distance from OM office. It's very close, it takes about 5 minutes walk. The house was built for minister who works in the Cathedral and has some history.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Wow, the picture brings back memories of England (wistful look). Uni and college weren't all that fantastic, but there's no denying the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful! Take care and have a blessed awesome 6 months!

Anonymous said...

Hope you got your luggage back! Enjoy yourself and know that you'd be kept in our prayers :)

BG said...

Still waiting, hopefully get them today if not tomorrow or else the next day.